The Newborn & Postpartum Care Credential is NOW AVAILABLE in Virginia!
If you are a CNA and would like to stack the Newborn and Postpartum Care credential onto your license, you can do so by attending class on Jan 22 or March 12, 2022.
Fairfax Co. Virginia is now offering Newborn & Postpartum Care as a licensed program for Certified Nursing Assistants!
For the first time, those wishing to work as postpartum doulas and newborn caregivers have a meaningful license through the state of Virginia. CNA’s are able to broaden their credentials to pursue a career track in pediatric care in addition to elder care and home health. Students that complete this program will be able to support brand new parents and their babies in daily care activities, safety, feeding and postpartum/general mental health.
If you’re not in Virginia, you can still take our class online and receive a printable Certificate of Completion.
This license is also important because parents hiring care for their infants now have peace of mind that there’s accountability and governance in the field of newborn care. As CNA’s are licensed and listed on the Virginia State Board of Nursing, their care history is visible and overseen by the Virginia Department of Health Professions (DPH). Additionally, the CNA license ensures that basic information such as background checks and vaccinations are completed before the license is issued.
The Newborn & Postpartum Care Program includes the following classes to become a Licensed Newborn Care Provider:
- Pediatric CPR & First Aide: The CPR/First Aide program specifically for newborns, infants and children
- Mental Health Certification Class: This innovative, national certification helps caregivers identify, understand and respond to signs of addictions and mental illnesses.
- Newborn and Postpartum Care: Evidence-based newborn care, postnatal care and safety using Let Mommy Sleep’s approved training.
- Strategies for Succeeding in Healthcare: This class allows individuals to build their careers and move into a wide variety of healthcare positions.
- Baby Care How-To's
- Baby Sleep
- COVID19 and Newborn Care
- Family Activities with Baby
- Franchise & Company Info
- Hiring Help
- Our Favorites
- Postpartum Health
- Safety & First Aide
- Twins & Multiples