From the moment you learn you’re pregnant to those exhilarating first months after your newborn arrives, you might have questions or need a little help. So, our doulas and night nanny team made this list for you! Bookmark Postpartum and New Parent Support in Boise, Idaho so you can be prepared for the arrival of your baby or twins.
- Baby Basics Class in your home: 208-647-5337 letmommysleep.com
- Baby & Me Groups at St. Al’s: 208-367-3454 email@example.com
- Car Seat Checks: locations throughout the area adacounty.id.gov
- La Leche League: 646-763-0872. facebook.com/LLLTV
- Maternal Mental Health Line: 833-TLC-MAMA call or text for immediate help
- Moms Meet-Up at St.Luke’s: 208-381-9000 stlukesonline.org
- So You’re Having Twins Class: 208.647.5337 letmommysleep.com/idaho
- Idaho Care Line: 2-1-1 comprehensive resources and social services
Postpartum and New Parent Support in Boise, Idaho – Get Ready for Baby or Twins
- Baby Basics Classes – Learn newborn and infant care from a Certified Newborn Care Provider or Registered Nurse. Class happens in your home, and then we stay on-call to answer your questions after baby arrives. In addition to answers to your baby care questions, you’ll learn:
- Safe Sleep, First Aide and Safety
- “what’s normal” for infant sleep, feeding and soothing and more
- sign up now!
- Car Seat Installation – Did you know that 9 out of 10 car seats are used incorrectly? For that reason, Ada County Paramedics offers free infant car seat inspection and installation. They have 6 locations in Boise, Nampa, Meridian and beyond. Schedule a car seat inspection or installation.
- Baby and Me Group – Every Tuesday from 10-11am, the St. Alphonsus Family Center hosts a FREE support group for all parents and their babies. This is a great way to meet families while also having fun with your baby. No registration necessary! For more info, call 208-367-3454 or visit St. Al’s online.
- St. Lukes Moms Meet Up – Get together with other new moms to talk about the joys and challenges of motherhood. While the group is casual, there are different specialized topics each week. Therefore, the group is facilitated by an RN or Health Educator.
- Tuesdays in Meridian, 2-3:30 p.m. at St. Luke’s Meridian Medical Center, 520 S. Eagle Road Shoshone Room
- Thursdays in Boise, 10:30 a.m.-noon at St. Luke’s Community Education, 211 W. Main St.
- Baby Twins Class – For parents expecting twins, Let Mommy Sleep Idaho offers newborn care classes specifically for you! You’ll learn safe sleep, newborn care and tricks to make life with twins a little easier. We also help you get the twins on the same schedule, which results in feeding and sleeping at the same time! sign up now
Parent Resources for After Baby Arrives – Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding Support and Encouragement Meetings– Every Tuesday from 11-12noon at the St. Alphonsus Family Center. This is another FREE in-person get together that requires no registration. If you’re looking for lactation support for your newborn, infant or twins you can just show up!
- Liberty Medical Park Building
900 N. Liberty Street, Suite 204
Boise, ID 83704
- Liberty Medical Park Building
- La Leche League of Treasure Valley, ID-The local facebook page for LLL Treasure Valley can help you troubleshoot any challenges as well as provide fellowship and nursing support. In person and virtual meetings are posted here. Additionally, evidence-based newborn, infant and toddler feeding information is right on their regional website, lllutah.org.
Postpartum and New Parent Support in Boise, Idaho – Mental Health and State Resources
- Postpartum Support International, Idaho chapter- Visit psichapters.com/id/ or you can call/text 800-944-4773. The mission of PSI Idaho is for you to have access to perinatal support, therefore receiving mental health, providers, education, and resources. This therefore improves overall well-being of new moms, dads and families.
- 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine – Idaho’s comprehensive database of programs that offer free or low-cost health and human services or social services. Resources such as community clinics and health insurance are in this database, so it’s a great one to bookmark.
- Idaho Maternal & Child Health – Idaho’s Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Program is committed to improving the health and well-being of mothers, infants, and children. They have a special focus on newborn screenings in addition to helping families with children who have special health care needs.
- National Maternal Mental Health Line – Call or text 833-TLC-MAMA. This Hotline is staffed with professional counselors who provide immediate, real-time support, information, and resources for postpartum mental health issues.
Our team of night nannies, nurses and postpartum doulas are here to help with any questions you might have. Whether you’re pregnant or are in the postpartum phase, we’re here for you. Contact us with your sleep questions, night nanny needs or to connect with new parent support.
- Baby Care Classes
- Baby Care How-To's
- Baby Sleep
- Family Activities with Baby
- Franchise & Company Info
- Hiring Help
- Our Favorites
- Postpartum Health
- Safety & First Aide
- Twins & Multiples