Baby Basics & Postpartum Classes: Virtual or In Your Home
Registered Nurses educate expecting/new parents virtually or in-home. Classes have an unlimited number of guests so grandparents, nannies and anyone else caring for your infant is welcome to attend for no charge.
Baby Basics class happens before baby arrives and Postpartum Visits happen after. The main difference is that during a Postpartum Visit, RN's provide head-to-toe mental and physical assessments of mother, partner and baby. Early intervention helps head off possible health problems and hospital readmissions.
Visits include evidence based education of:
- Safe Sleep and minimizing SIDS risk
- diapering, dressing, giving baby a bath
- feeding support; breastfeeding, pumping, formula and bottle feeding
- how to safely soothe baby, how to swaddle
- basic first aide and maintaining a safe home
- head to toe assessements of mother, baby and partner